27 June 2010

Project: Simplicity 9064 - Designer Fashion- Misses' Evening Dress in Three lengths - 1970

At the time I was I playing with plaid for my walkaway dress, I also made up this dress from the below pattern.   The original pattern was for a rather swell looking evening dress but I have turned it into something that could be worn day or night.  The kind of thing that you could wear to the office and the add some jewels to go out after work in, say if you didn't want to carry a change of clothes.

 

Its a very straight-forward simple design. the pieces are cut in the fabric, then in the lining and these two layers are stitched together in individual pieces and then stitched together to form the dress as opposed to having the dress and lining separately.  I chose suit-weight polyester in dark navy (I've lightened the photos below to make it clearer) and replaced the metallic braiding with blue and green tartan ribbon around the bodice line and neckline.  The ribbon quite subtle and pretty but now when I look at the dress I'm tempted to take it off and replace the bodice ribbon with daisy chain, what do you think?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment